Oxynate® No. 7 Brownells.
HOT CHEMICAL BLUING COMPOUND MEETS Mil Spec C13924BAM1, Class 1, Grade A Finest Professional Gunsmith-Developed, Hot Bluing Salts Available on the Market Today
OXYNATE NO. 7 has, for more than 55 years, been the popular bluing salts for the professional gun trade. For quantity work (one to a dozen guns a week or month) the cost per gun is extremely low. Oxynate No. 7 is manufactured by one of the country’s chief producers of manufacturer’s chemicals and sold by us to the gun trade by exclusive license. This is mentioned so that you’ll appreciate the vast research laboratories available to our users of Oxynate No. 7- and that you are using the best gun blue modern science and research can produce.
Our copyrighted Instructions are, we feel, the most complete offered to the trade. Every step, every complication, every question the gun bluer can encounter is detailed in this booklet. The answers and suggestions are not from any one individual but are those of several thousand gun men who have used Oxynate No. 7 successfully during the past 55+ years. Ask for a copy today.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:392
M16 6.8mm Spc Bolt Carrier Group Nitride Mp Brownells.
An Ideal Bolt Carrier for a Special Cartridge
The Brownells M16 6.8 SPC Bolt Carrier Group offers premium performance for AR-15-style rifle chambered in the unique 6.8 SPC cartridge, ensuring reliable and durable service.
The Brownells M16 6.8 SPC Bolt Carrier Group features construction using both 8620 and 9310 steel. The bolt face is constructed using the harder 9310 steel, which then undergoes heat treatment and shot peening. The carrier itself is machined from hardened 8620 steel.
- Quality assured with magnetic particle inspection
- Rubber insert and spring included in extractor construction
- Matte-black nitride finish provides reduced friction and increased rust-resistance
- Properly torqued and staked gas-key screws
The Brownells M16 6.8 SPC Bolt Carrier Group also comes complete with a firing pin, cam pin and firing-pin retaining pin.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:009
Rifle Primers Cci.
These are the “bread-and-butter” of reloading, the most commonly called-for primers in reloading recipes. CCI standard primers are remarkably clean-burning, leaving primer pockets cleaner and extending the time between pocket cleaning. That’s a huge benefit for progressive reloaders. They are more sensitive and easier to seat than older CCI primers, and engineered for smooth feeding in automated equipment.
- Clean-burning initiator compound
- Larger “sweet spot” for guns that produce off-center strikes
- Easier to seat than ever before
- Improved sensitivity for “critical-need” loading.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:68, Page:545
Sinclair, Issue:5B, Page:117
Ar-15 Moe K2+ Grip Magpul.
The MOE-K2+ combines reinforced polymer body construction with comfortable, wrap around rubber over molding for maximum weapon control in adverse conditions. The steeper vertical grip angle is optimized for use on PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) configurations and improves comfort and control on short LOP rifles that bring the primary hand in closer to the shooter’s body. The MOE K2+ accepts optional storage cores for gear stowage and includes a basic cap.
AR-15, Issue:11, Page:057
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:063
Ar-15/m16 Armorer&039;s Wrench Magpul.
American-Made, solid steel construction with grip-enhancing phosphate finish engages both stock and pin-style barrel nuts. Fits standard sized flash hiders. Installs and removes rifle receiver extensions and carbine castle nuts, with extended teeth for use with ASAP Plates. Two hammer faces. Works with 1/2" torque wrench. Relevant torque specs included on wrench for quick reference. Convenient bottle opener for refreshments arfter the build is complete(fits both Metric and SAE bottle caps).
AR-15, Issue:11, Page:083
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:086
Pistol Primers Winchester.
Same Primers Used In Factory Ammo Help Ensure Reliable, Positive Ignition Of Reloads
Winchester primers give instant, hot ignition and are easy to seat into primer pockets. Preferred by many hunters and competitors for their ability to maintain stability in temperature and humidity extremes.
REMEMBER: There is a UPS Hazardous charge per package for powder or primers. Powder and primers may be shipped together in the same package. Powder, primers or ammunition may NOT be shipped out of the United States.
1911, Issue:11, Page:070
Big Book Catalog, Issue:68, Page:545
Sinclair, Issue:5B, Page:117
SPECS: 1,000 primers per box.
Accurize With Acraglas, Now Includes Brown & Black Dyes, Easy-To-Use Kit, Strengthens Stock, Acid & Waterproof, Simplifies Inletting
The word ACRAGLAS has proven, during the many years it has been used by shooters, to be a true and fair product description. For Acraglas, as its name implies, is an accurizing material designed for the exclusive purpose of making a rifle shoot more accurately. Granted, it is a superior bedding compound used and sold as such by dealers, stock manufacturers and gunsmiths - but the fact remains: its prime purpose is to accurize a rifle.
THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN
To quote L.R.W. in the American Rifleman Dope Bag, “Acraglas will be found an excellent preparation to correct poor bedding and the revitalized rifle should respond with considerably better accuracy.”
“It’s a boon for the lazy, too, because if you are inletting a stock blank you simply cut out too much wood all the way around, gob the wood well with Acraglas, put the metal in (properly treated with release agent coming with the kit) and set aside for about 24 hours. When the metal is removed, the result is perfect bedding for the action - good, strong, and reliable bedding it is, too.”
PROVEN IN THE FIELD
As the manufacturers of Acraglas, we cannot help but be very proud, too, of the many individual shooters and teams who have won big bore regional and Perry matches with Acraglassed guns ... and of the hunters who have sent us “before and after” targets made when sighting in their game rifles after using Acraglas.
The basic materials used in Acraglas are those developed for the aircraft industry. These we have adapted to gun work. Some of the many unusual features of Acraglas are:
- Acraglas shrinks less than 1⁄10th of 1% when hardening. This is very important to you as a shooter, for the tighter your bedding job, the better the job. It must be remembered, too, that many of the plastics will shrink more than 5% when hardening, thus canceling their true values as accurizing materials. So perfectly does Acraglas fit your barrel and action that any stamping marks in the steel will also be there in the Acraglas ... impossible to “Bed” any closer.
- Acraglas actually strengthens your stock because of its own great strength and resistance to breakage or warpage!
- Acraglas is acid proof, waterproof, has superior insulating qualities, resists alkalies and will not rot or deteriorate. It is quite well known that many of the so-called “plastic glasses” do deteriorate and products made from them are only guaranteed 5 years.
- Acraglas is highly resistant to impact and will not dent. Should it ever be damaged, or if an improper job is done the first time, it can easily be corrected or mended by using the same materials as in the Kit. Thus, it makes the perfect recoil shoulder.
- Unlike paints or air drying plastics, Acraglas hardens by chemical action. So, a hard surface indicates a hard interior ready for finishing. The mixture becomes hot before reaching setting temperature. It then “kicks over” and begins to harden, reaching full hardness in 48 hours, altho’ it can be worked, sanded and finished before then.
- Acraglas has a shelf life of over 5 years!
- Acraglas has been so compounded by our research engineers that you have ample time to properly seat the barreled action in the inletted stock before it starts to harden. Therefore, when using it you do not need to become nervous and rushed, but can take your time and do the First Class Job you are capable of doing.
- Being a superior bedding compound, you get a double- barreled benefit when using Acraglas: - An excellent bedding job that does not carry the stigma of “plastic bedding” and you have concentrated your real efforts on accurizing your gun - all at the same time! For your own enlightenment you should check among your shooting friends and note how many are proud of their guns being Accurized with Acraglas.
- Acraglas completely seals the inletted side of the gun stock against all moisture, gun oils, solvents and sprays. Moisture being absorbed by the stock can cause the finest woods to warp or twist, forcing the gun to shoot different groups on different days. Oils and solvents will eventually make the most beautiful of woods dirty looking where allowed to soak in and, in rare cases, actually ruin the wood.
- Acraglas has another feature that is strictly a side benefit - but, one our gunsmith customers have found out for themselves and use extensively. The bonding strength of Acraglas is phenomenal - will actually stick “anything to anything” (except certain poly-plastics). The letters in our files make one shake his head in wonder. It seems our gunsmiths have repaired everything from false teeth, toilet bowls, pipes, chairs, cribs, cars, radios, TV’s, skis, sleds, tables, flintlock rifles, caplock rifles and modern gun stocks without number. What it amounts to is this: You name something that has been busted and one of them has undoubtedly used Acraglas to fix it! But, we play this down. We are not in the glue business. There are a jillion glues but only one Acraglas!
Our traditional Release Agent and our easy-to-ship, Non-Flammable Release Agent selectively lets Acraglas bond to the stock but not to the barreled action. Both products present nearly indentical physical characteristics, and are applied in exactly the same manner with no noticeable difference in dry time. Both form a smooth, vinyl-like coating between the bedding compound and metal. Non-Flammable Release Agent is a non-flammable, non-hazardous formula that can be transported by air, immediately upon request, safely and legally within and outside the Continental U. S., so there’s no more waiting for ground shipments to arrive when you need an Acraglas kit or extra release agent in a hurry.
WHO USES ACRAGLAS AND WHY
STOCK MANUFACTURERS - For special custom accurizing jobs and for resale to dealer and retail accounts.
PROFESSIONAL STOCKMAKERS - For obtaining skin-tight bedding around receivers, at the chamber on the barrel and at the forend tip on certain jobs.
GUNSMITHS - For the complete gamut of stock work - the complete inletting job, the accurizing of an erratic shooting gun and for the super-duper stock where the same techniques are used as by the fulltime stockmaker.
GUN HOBBYISTS AND BUFFS - To accurize their present guns or to bed and accurize guns they are stocking; also, to simplify bedding barreled actions into inletted stocks purchased from stock manufacturers ... a great boon for the man who likes to do the job himself - and wants the best results.
INSTRUCTIONS AND COLOR
Acraglas in itself is amber-clear. To make it match your stock - black or brown - we furnish two special, acrylic dyes with each Kit. With them you can color the Acraglas mix to blend properly with the color of your individual stock - wood or synthetic. The brown dye nicely matches “normal” walnut but if your stock is exceptionally light walnut, or made of maple, myrtle, cherry, etc., you may want to leave out the dye for a closer match. Just remember, the color you see in the cup will darken somewhat when the Acraglas is in the stock. But, you don’t have to match the color, many shooters like to create contrast at the joining of barrel and stock to add a point of distinction to their gun and make sure others know they’ve taken the time to do a first-rate glass bedding job.
Complete, easy-to-follow Instructions are packaged with each Kit. These tell you how to mix and use. FOLLOW THEM CAREFULLY.
ACRAGLAS KIT - 2 fl. oz. (59 ml) Resin, 7⁄8 fl. oz. (26 ml) Hardener, 7⁄8 fl. oz. (26 ml) Release Agent, Floc, 2 Mixing Cups, Mixing Stick, Brown Dye, Black Dye enough to bed 2 Rifles. Complete Instructions.
ACRAGLAS SHOP KIT - 28 fl. oz. (828 ml) Resin, 7 fl. oz. (207 ml) Hardener, 3 fl. oz. (89 ml) Release Agent, 8 oz. (227g) Floc, 24 3 oz. capacity Mixing Cups, 50 Mixing Sticks, 5 Packets Brown Dye, 5 Paks Black Dye and Instructions.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:414